Licensed Mental Health Therapist
$30 – $35 an hour
- Master’s (Required)
Full Job Description
Unleashed Counseling is looking for a fee-for-service mental health professional to provide individual and couple’s counseling. We are looking for a clinician licensed to practice in PA [LCSW, LPC, LP, or LMFT]. This individual will provide therapeutic services in specialized areas including anxiety, depression, addiction and eating disorders. Clinicians must be competent in multicultural counseling and LGBTQ-affirming care. Experience in animal-assisted therapy is desired, but not necessary. We will offer training opportunities for counselors who wish to obtain a therapy dog. We will assist in the insurance credentialing process.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conducts initial assessments and diagnoses.
- Develops a plan of treatment that is recovery-oriented and tailored to the specific needs of the client.
- Conduct individual, family, and/or group psychotherapy using generally accepted techniques employed in a manner consistent with ethical standards of practice.
- Maintains license as current at all times. Maintenance of a current license shall qualify as having met minimum annual training requirements.
- Attends clinical supervision and/or team meetings as applicable and required.
- Cooperates and collaborates with other members of the team in a manner which promotes the growth and healthy development of clients served and the practice as a whole.
- Maintains clinical records according to company standards and requirements for each client assigned.
- Supervises and/or orients other professional staff as assigned.
- Participates in team meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Appropriately plans for and coordinates continuity of care of clients.
- Reports all unusual incidents, accidents, conflicts of interest, or other issues potentially problematic to the practice, staff, or client(s) promptly to the director of Unleashed Counseling.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits:
- The fee-for-service rate for licensed clinicians is $30 per hour.
- Clinicians with a therapy animal will receive $35 per hour.
- Clinicians will have the opportunity to be trained in animal-assisted therapy.
- Master’s Degree Required
- License Required [LCSW, LPC, LP, or LMFT]
- Competence in multicultural counseling and LGBTQ-affirming counseling required
- Knowledge of Anxiety, Depression, Addiction and Eating Disorders preferred
Our Mission is to inspire your authentic self through compassionate counseling and sustainable self-care.
Our Company Culture: Prioritizes Mental Health and Self-Care; Practices Intentional Anti-Racism; Celebrates the LGBTQ Community; Leans on the Healing Power of Nature; Honors the Human-Animal Bond; and Respects the Rights of Animals.
About Us: Unleashed Counseling is a private psychotherapy practice that provides mental health counseling to stressed-out people who happen to love dogs. We use practices such as play therapy (with Benji the Therapy Dog), walk & talk therapy, and art therapy to create a gentle, joyful atmosphere in the counseling room. We create a safe space where we can celebrate our clients and their desire to grow. We specialize in treating anxiety, depression, addiction, and eating disorders.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $30.00 – $35.00 per hour
We see most clients online, however if you plan to work with a therapy animal, expect to see some people in-person. We use “mindful scheduling” building in time to sanitize the office between sessions.
- Master’s (Required)
- license to practice mental health in Pennsylvania? (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
Company’s Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process